Friday, April 6, 2012

Welcome

I have lots of opinions.  You may not agree with them, or may want to argue with me about them, and that is perfectly fine!  Even encouraged.  These are thoughts that are "just in my mind" that I have decided to put down in words as well.  Feel free to comment on any post or take it to twitter and follow @JustinRolfes.

You will find a little bit of everything here but mostly I will be talking about the things that interest me, after all, it is my blog.  So, what are the things that interest me you ask?  First off, my family, some are close, some are far and some are no longer with us but all of them have influenced who I am today so don't be surprised if a story or two comes out.  The rest of my interests can really be summed up in one word, sports.  I love sports, any level, any game.  Now, certain sports do attract more of my attention over others, in particular, golf and college football and really anything having to do with the Iowa Hawkeyes.  I realize some of you will want to close out of this window at this point, but don't worry, I pay attention to more than just Iowa and at the very least I think you will see I am not only open minded but realistic as well.  Nothing drives me more crazy than "fans" who can not see any level of reality.  I'm sure we will talk more about them later.

I grew up all over the US, living in 9 states so far, spending the most time in Brewster, NY.  Now, I am putting down roots in Omaha, NE with my wonderful wife Sammie (I'm sure we will talk more about her later too ;)) and our two golden retrievers, Jack and Oakley.  I played almost ever sport I could growing up and through high school including golf, basketball, baseball, lacrosse and football which I played at both the DIaa and DII level at Stony Brook University and the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

I look forward to the discussions and arguments to come, don't forget to hit me up on Twitter too @JustinRolfes.

No comments:

Post a Comment